3PL Picking Processes Explained
We offer logistics and supply chain management services to businesses of all shapes and sizes. One of our key services is order fulfilment, which involves picking and packing products for shipment to customers. Here's a breakdown of the typical picking:
- Receiving orders: The picking process begins when the 3PL receives an order from a client's e-commerce platform, such as Amazon, Shopify, Woocommerce, Magento, eBay, OnBuy and many more.
- Inventory management: The 3PL will maintain a warehouse with a variety of products from different clients. The warehouse will be organized so that products are easily accessible and located in designated areas. The 3PL will use a warehouse management system (WMS) in our case Mintsoft, to track inventory levels and locations.
- Order allocation: When an order is received, CBF's WMS will allocate the necessary products for the order based on the client's specifications. The WMS will determine the location of the products in the warehouse and select the optimal picking route to minimize the time and effort required to complete the order.
- Picking: A warehouse operative will be assigned to pick up the items for the order. They will use a handheld scanner or a mobile device to scan the product barcodes and confirm that they have selected the correct item. Once all the items have been picked, they will be placed in a bin or cart for further processing.
- Packing: The picked items will be packed in a box or envelope along with any necessary packing materials, such as bubble wrap or packing peanuts. The box will be labelled with the shipping information and a tracking number.
- Shipping: The packed box will be sent to the Goods-out department, where it will be scanned and entered into the 3PL's shipping system. The system will generate a shipping label, and the package will be sent to the carrier for delivery.
- Reporting: We give you access to regular reports on order processing, inventory levels, and other key metrics. This helps you monitor all your supply chain performance and make informed decisions about your business operations.
Our picking process is designed to be efficient, accurate, and cost-effective. By outsourcing your order fulfilment to a 3PL, you and your business can focus on their core workflow while leaving the logistics and supply chain management to the experts.
CBF Fulfilment's online tools can integrate with your eCommerce sales channels and online marketplaces.
Single or multi-channel order processing? We can integrate your current workflow into our system and adapt to find the best fulfilment solution to help expand and grow your eCommerce business. Shopify to WooCommerce, Amazon to Etsy, We can process them all.
Our Client Services team are here to help advise and guide you to the next level.
It is possible to outsource your 3PL and Order Processing fulfilment to a business that cares about your stock as much as you do.
Talk to our team today to see how we can help get you great feedback on every order!
Testimonial: alya skin. - Cosmetics & Beauty
"We assigned CBF Fulfilment as our third party logistics company for UK orders 2 years ago.
They have been nothing short of amazing to work with, they are extremely quick to despatch orders and have a team that are always so willing to help when needed.
As an ecommerce business owner that has worked with multiple 3PL companies and can safely say that CBF Fulfilment has been the best we have ever worked with in all the years."
Testimonial: Climbingvan - Books and Publication
"We run Climbingvan, a resource for helping people with self-build van conversions. Last year we wrote our book, The Van Conversion Bible, which explains exactly how to convert a campervan.
As we live full-time in our own van and work remotely from the road, it's not possible for us to manage our own fulfilment. CBF help us to get our book into the hands of our customers all across the country, as well as fulfilling our wholesale orders to larger suppliers. We appreciate their flexibility and the bespoke service they are able to offer us. The world of ecommerce was new to us, and the team at CBF have been really helpful in making everything possible for us, and are always friendly and quick to respond."
Charlie & Dale
Testimonial: Lola + Blake - Clothing & Accessories
"I’ve been really pleased with the service I have received from CBF. Each business is unique, and mine certainly has a lot of personalisation options and additions that customers request. CBF worked to implement these and find solutions to ensure that my brand remained as personal as when I individually wrapped and sent each order myself from my dining room table! Recent reviews from customers have remained positive with special mentions to the quality of the luxury gift wrap and the nice touch of personal notes."
Lola + Blake
Testimonial: Bodyhero - Health and Fitness
"CBF have been great in facilitating all aspects of our direct to consumer and business to business order fulfilment as our chosen 3PL company.
The team are always really helpful and resolve any questions or issues in a timely fashion."
Testimonial: Hyde & Hare - Luxury Cowhide Accessories
"CBF has been brilliant from start to finish in managing our fulfilment and distribution. What stands out is their ability to take initiative when processing orders and their support has been fundamental to our growth."
Hyde & Hare
Testimonial: Dodo Pad - Books & Publication
"Moving to CBF has enabled us to improve our service to our own eCommerce customers – next day delivery and orders always despatched on time with full tracking – as well as navigate increasingly complex international shipping.
We are a small business with a peak at Christmas. CBF has given us the flexibility we needed, which was not possible when we were managing fulfilment in house."
Testimonial: Lateral Line / Artemi Rum - Spirits Alcohol
"CBF has enabled us to establish our E-commerce platform initially through sales through Amazon. The service was very easy to set up, streamlined and efficient. Whenever any queries arise, they are very quickly dealt with by the CBF staff. We are very pleased to be working with CBF."
Testimonial: iNKSHIP. - Posters & Prints
"CBF have handled my orders for almost five years now, which single-handedly allowed me to grow from a bedroom business to a scale I could never have handled myself. I’m really grateful to the hard-working warehouse team who always fulfil my orders to a very high standard, and never seem to miss a beat."
We talk the same language or SKU names or numbers, lot numbers and batch codes. Our focus is always on barcode verification and the ability to pick/pack and dispatch your orders when you need them to be shipped.
With over 99.8% accuracy on all product lines in our warehouses, we are a trusted 3PL for our publishing and wholesale clients to fulfil and process their orders.
Pallets, cartons, containers we are used to them all. With online tools to book shipments into our warehouses, we keep you in control of your supply chains.
We work volumetrically with our storage charges. So, you are never paying for space not allocated to you. We can commit to specific space and staff if required.
We have pallet and individual SKU picking shelves to manage your book stock correctly and make it easily accessible for all picking functions
We deal with containers, pallets and cartons of goods being shipped in from all over the world daily. Booking your shipment in is simple, upload the details to our online tools and we will agree a shipment date between us to manage the labour required to make your books, reports and publications ready for picking and ordering.
Online Retailers, Wholesalers, Importers and Manufacturers we work with them all.
- No setup fees
- Secure Storage
- Free API Integrations
- Same day dispatch guarantee *Some seasonal T&Cs may apply
- Royal Mail & all major courier networks managed
- Over 30 years storage and distribution experience
- Organically Certified Warehouse and processes
- Free Online Stock Control Software
- Dedicated Support Team Management
Simplicity in Process.
All in the Preparation.
One of the great benefits of pre-prepping your products with SKU specific barcode labels and in postage ready packaging means very quick turn around from orders appearing on our system to being turned around and sent out the door to your customers.
As part of our contract packing and kit build department, this is something we have helped facilitate for a number of our clients.
Your 3PL Ecommerce Fulfilment and Contract Packing partner. Planned, Integrated, Packed and Delivered.
T: 01242 802140
1-11 Alvin Street