How to look for an e-commerce niche
Finding a profitable e-commerce niche requires careful research and analysis. Here are some steps you can take to identify a potential niche:
- Identify your interests and passions: Start by making a list of topics that you are passionate about or have knowledge in. Consider hobbies, personal interests, and things you enjoy learning about. How are you going to sell something well if you don't believe in it.
- Research market demand: Once you have a list of potential niches, research their market demand. Use tools such as Google Trends, Google Keyword Tool, Amazon Best Sellers, and social media to determine the popularity of the niche.
- Analyze competition: Look at other e-commerce stores and websites that are already selling products in the niche you are considering. Determine the level of competition and the types of products being sold. Remember some products go by different names. They may even have multi purposes for different niches.
- Evaluate profit potential: Determine the profitability of the niche by researching the average profit margins for products in the niche, the cost of sourcing or manufacturing products, and the marketing and advertising costs. There are lots of variables here, try to be realistic.
- Consider unique selling points: Determine how you can differentiate yourself from the competition by offering unique products, services, or features that meet the needs of your target audience. Ultimately, marketing great marketing strategy wins over a poor one. You may have the best product on the best e-commerce platform filling the best niche. But if no-one knows about it, your chances of big sales are diminished.
- Test and validate: Once you have identified a potential niche, test and validate your idea by creating a minimum viable product or prototype, conducting surveys, and gathering feedback from potential customers. Your friends and family will always support you. Try to expand your testing tribe, they will be more honest and you will get a truer picture of your niche.
- Robust sales and delivery processes: You may be the dog's doodahs at marketing but is your e-commerce platform is not easy to buy from or your payment provider is not that robust then you will see lost sales. That coupled with a great 3PL fulfilment provider like our team at CBF will be able to pick, pack and dispatch the orders to be delivered to your customers with modular scalability.
By following these steps, you can find a profitable e-commerce niche that aligns with your interests, has high market demand, and offers unique selling points that differentiate you from the competition.
Free API Integrations for all your Shopping and Courier Channels
Simplicity in Process.
All in the Preparation.
One of the great benefits of pre-prepping your products with SKU specific barcode labels and in postage ready packaging means very quick turn around from orders appearing on our system to being turned around and sent out the door to your customers.
As part of our contract packing and kit build department, this is something we have helped facilitate for a number of our clients.
Pallets, cartons, containers we are used to them all. With online tools to book shipments into our warehouses, we keep you in control of your supply chains.
We work volumetrically with our storage charges. So, you are never paying for space not allocated to you. We can commit to specific space and staff if required.
We have pallet and individual SKU picking shelves to manage your book stock correctly and make it easily accessible for all picking functions
We deal with containers, pallets and cartons of goods being shipped in from all over the world daily. Booking your shipment in is simple, upload the details to our online tools and we will agree a shipment date between us to manage the labour required to make your books, reports and publications ready for picking and ordering.
Testimonial: alya skin. - Cosmetics & Beauty
"We assigned CBF Fulfilment as our third party logistics company for UK orders 2 years ago.
They have been nothing short of amazing to work with, they are extremely quick to despatch orders and have a team that are always so willing to help when needed.
As an ecommerce business owner that has worked with multiple 3PL companies and can safely say that CBF Fulfilment has been the best we have ever worked with in all the years."
Testimonial: Climbingvan - Books and Publication
"We run Climbingvan, a resource for helping people with self-build van conversions. Last year we wrote our book, The Van Conversion Bible, which explains exactly how to convert a campervan.
As we live full-time in our own van and work remotely from the road, it's not possible for us to manage our own fulfilment. CBF help us to get our book into the hands of our customers all across the country, as well as fulfilling our wholesale orders to larger suppliers. We appreciate their flexibility and the bespoke service they are able to offer us. The world of ecommerce was new to us, and the team at CBF have been really helpful in making everything possible for us, and are always friendly and quick to respond."
Charlie & Dale
Testimonial: Lola + Blake - Clothing & Accessories
"I’ve been really pleased with the service I have received from CBF. Each business is unique, and mine certainly has a lot of personalisation options and additions that customers request. CBF worked to implement these and find solutions to ensure that my brand remained as personal as when I individually wrapped and sent each order myself from my dining room table! Recent reviews from customers have remained positive with special mentions to the quality of the luxury gift wrap and the nice touch of personal notes."
Lola + Blake
Testimonial: Bodyhero - Health and Fitness
"CBF have been great in facilitating all aspects of our direct to consumer and business to business order fulfilment as our chosen 3PL company.
The team are always really helpful and resolve any questions or issues in a timely fashion."
Testimonial: Hyde & Hare - Luxury Cowhide Accessories
"CBF has been brilliant from start to finish in managing our fulfilment and distribution. What stands out is their ability to take initiative when processing orders and their support has been fundamental to our growth."
Hyde & Hare
Testimonial: Dodo Pad - Books & Publication
"Moving to CBF has enabled us to improve our service to our own eCommerce customers – next day delivery and orders always despatched on time with full tracking – as well as navigate increasingly complex international shipping.
We are a small business with a peak at Christmas. CBF has given us the flexibility we needed, which was not possible when we were managing fulfilment in house."
Testimonial: Lateral Line / Artemi Rum - Spirits Alcohol
"CBF has enabled us to establish our E-commerce platform initially through sales through Amazon. The service was very easy to set up, streamlined and efficient. Whenever any queries arise, they are very quickly dealt with by the CBF staff. We are very pleased to be working with CBF."
Testimonial: iNKSHIP. - Posters & Prints
"CBF have handled my orders for almost five years now, which single-handedly allowed me to grow from a bedroom business to a scale I could never have handled myself. I’m really grateful to the hard-working warehouse team who always fulfil my orders to a very high standard, and never seem to miss a beat."
Keeping it simple and efficient.
We guarantee a same day dispatch of your goods.
Securely and efficiently in our heated Warehouse
Our warehouse is our own, We have a large space able to securely store pallets from only £2.00 per week, boxes and goods on pick pack bays ready for your customers to order. Come and see us.
Contract Packing or Order Fulfilment. We are ready!
Daily order processing from £0.50 per order or contract packing projects, we work with them all. Receiving orders from all sales channels we can pick/pack and dispatch the same day of order regardless of volumes.
*T&Cs may apply.
Any size of consignment, anywhere in the world.
Our teams work with all packing suppliers as well as the National Couriers, Royal Mail and Pallet Networks all day every day. Talk to them about how to ship your orders securely and efficiently.
Your 3PL Ecommerce Fulfilment and Contract Packing partner. Planned, Integrated, Packed and Delivered.
T: 01242 802140
1-11 Alvin Street