What would be the impact on Businesses if the Royal Mail went into administration for the UK economy?
If the Royal Mail, which is the UK's postal service, went into administration, it would have a significant impact on businesses and the UK economy as a whole. As they have a monopoly on the small and light items being shipped around the UK we would all feel the effect. But recent partnerships with Parcelforce and Everi are interesting strategic moves.
Here are some of the potential effects:
- Disruption in mail delivery: The Royal Mail delivers mail and parcels to millions of UK households and businesses every day. If it went into administration, there could be significant disruptions in mail delivery, which could affect businesses' ability to receive orders, payments, and other important documents. Who could pick this volume up? Multiple players in the market I guess.
- Increased costs: If the Royal Mail's services were disrupted, businesses would have to find alternative ways to deliver their products and services, which could be more expensive. For example, businesses might have to use private couriers, which tend to be more expensive than Royal Mail.
- Job losses: The Royal Mail is one of the UK's largest employers, with around 143,000 employees. If the company went into administration, there could be significant job losses, which would have a negative impact on the UK economy.
- Negative impact on e-commerce: The growth of e-commerce has relied heavily on the Royal Mail's services, as it provides a cost-effective and reliable way for businesses to deliver their products to customers. If the Royal Mail's services were disrupted, it could have a negative impact on e-commerce, which would affect businesses that rely on online sales. Our 3PL services and clients would have to pivot overnight as the majority of small and light items are sent through Royal Mail's services for our clients. Providers like Evri and Yodel which seem to offer the most similar small and light costings will be saturated with work overnight. The strikes of 2022 proved that the courier sector would not be able to cope with the volumes immediately causing widespread delays and consignment losses.
- Confidence in UK business: The Royal Mail is seen as a pillar of the UK's business infrastructure. If it were to go into administration, it could damage confidence in UK business, which would have a negative impact on the UK economy as a whole. Internationally recognised as a stable shipping entity from all over the globe, the collapse would knock stock markets considerably.
Overall, the impact of the Royal Mail going into administration on businesses and the UK economy would be significant. It would disrupt mail delivery, increase costs, lead to job losses, negatively impact e-commerce, and damage confidence in UK business.
Let's hope we don't see that happen and the foundations are reinforced giving the Royal Mail a new lease of life. The recent investment in their new parcel hubs surely will have a good impact on them. But shopping marketplaces like Amazon will be hot on their heels offering alternative shipping methods competitively but as we are all seeing without man power involved.
CBF Fulfilment's online tools can integrate with your eCommerce sales channels and online marketplaces.
Single or multi-channel order processing? We can integrate your current workflow into our system and adapt to find the best fulfilment solution to help expand and grow your eCommerce business. Shopify to WooCommerce, Amazon to Etsy, We can process them all.
Our Client Services team are here to help advise and guide you to the next level.
It is possible to outsource your 3PL and Order Processing fulfilment to a business that cares about your stock as much as you do.
Talk to our team today to see how we can help get you great feedback on every order!
We can work as fast as you need us to. We operate in a Perfect Operating Fulfilment (POF) world. Your clients will more often than not be able to operate as quickly as us with our order processing. So we are able to manage dispatch dates and process order to satisfy your clients and not hamper their processes. We can be as flexible as you would like us to be.
Understanding delivery performance, accurate delivery documentation, damage reporting and timeline traceability, your products can be located on pallets and picking locations all readily available for ordering anytime.
Picking/packing and dispatching orders to travel across the world daily, no matter the size of order. Our team will work with you help manage your book shipments, international customs paperwork and commodity codes to help aid the travel times.
Ecommerce Order Management
with ONE login
All E-commerce clients have access to our FREE Software Integrations with your shopping carts.
- Online Stock Controls
- Live Order Tracking
- Multi-Channel Order Management
- Shipping Management
- Full Reporting
- Barcode Verified
- Cloud-based, Easy to use
- & it's free to you.
In the last month we have processed the following:
Testimonial: alya skin. - Cosmetics & Beauty
"We assigned CBF Fulfilment as our third party logistics company for UK orders 2 years ago.
They have been nothing short of amazing to work with, they are extremely quick to despatch orders and have a team that are always so willing to help when needed.
As an ecommerce business owner that has worked with multiple 3PL companies and can safely say that CBF Fulfilment has been the best we have ever worked with in all the years."
Testimonial: Climbingvan - Books and Publication
"We run Climbingvan, a resource for helping people with self-build van conversions. Last year we wrote our book, The Van Conversion Bible, which explains exactly how to convert a campervan.
As we live full-time in our own van and work remotely from the road, it's not possible for us to manage our own fulfilment. CBF help us to get our book into the hands of our customers all across the country, as well as fulfilling our wholesale orders to larger suppliers. We appreciate their flexibility and the bespoke service they are able to offer us. The world of ecommerce was new to us, and the team at CBF have been really helpful in making everything possible for us, and are always friendly and quick to respond."
Charlie & Dale
Testimonial: Lola + Blake - Clothing & Accessories
"I’ve been really pleased with the service I have received from CBF. Each business is unique, and mine certainly has a lot of personalisation options and additions that customers request. CBF worked to implement these and find solutions to ensure that my brand remained as personal as when I individually wrapped and sent each order myself from my dining room table! Recent reviews from customers have remained positive with special mentions to the quality of the luxury gift wrap and the nice touch of personal notes."
Lola + Blake
Testimonial: Bodyhero - Health and Fitness
"CBF have been great in facilitating all aspects of our direct to consumer and business to business order fulfilment as our chosen 3PL company.
The team are always really helpful and resolve any questions or issues in a timely fashion."
Testimonial: Hyde & Hare - Luxury Cowhide Accessories
"CBF has been brilliant from start to finish in managing our fulfilment and distribution. What stands out is their ability to take initiative when processing orders and their support has been fundamental to our growth."
Hyde & Hare
Testimonial: Dodo Pad - Books & Publication
"Moving to CBF has enabled us to improve our service to our own eCommerce customers – next day delivery and orders always despatched on time with full tracking – as well as navigate increasingly complex international shipping.
We are a small business with a peak at Christmas. CBF has given us the flexibility we needed, which was not possible when we were managing fulfilment in house."
Testimonial: Lateral Line / Artemi Rum - Spirits Alcohol
"CBF has enabled us to establish our E-commerce platform initially through sales through Amazon. The service was very easy to set up, streamlined and efficient. Whenever any queries arise, they are very quickly dealt with by the CBF staff. We are very pleased to be working with CBF."
Testimonial: iNKSHIP. - Posters & Prints
"CBF have handled my orders for almost five years now, which single-handedly allowed me to grow from a bedroom business to a scale I could never have handled myself. I’m really grateful to the hard-working warehouse team who always fulfil my orders to a very high standard, and never seem to miss a beat."
We are all about the best reviews
for you and our processes.
Your brand and online presence will not grow if your fulfilment partner lets you down with poorly packed and mispicked items. We are all hunting for the 5-star review and together we actively work on providing the processes and tracking to keep you and your customers informed.
Your 3PL Ecommerce Fulfilment and Contract Packing partner. Planned, Integrated, Packed and Delivered.
T: 01242 802140
1-11 Alvin Street