There are many reasons why cosmetics companies outsource ecommerce fulfilment. Some of the most common reasons include:
- To free up time and resources to focus on other aspects of the business.
- To improve customer service.
- To reduce costs.
- To increase scalability.
- To improve efficiency.
How do you choose a 3PL supplier?
When choosing a 3PL supplier, there are a few things you need to consider, such as:
- Their location. You want to make sure that your 3PL supplier is located in a region that is close to your target market. This will help to reduce shipping times and costs. But remember the UK is a small place, logistically speaking. Parcels, pallets and post can be sent across the country for next-day delivery in most cases, so unless you need your stock in a specific location you may even save money storing and processing your orders away from the M25.
- Their services. Make sure that the 3PL supplier offers the services that you need. Some 3PL suppliers only offer warehousing and fulfilment services, while others also offer marketing and customer service support. Ultimately, your orders need to be processed in a timely, efficient fashion. They need to be packed in the way you and your company would like them to be and returns managed quickly and with the customer in mind to keep your reviews as five-star as possible.
- Their pricing. 3PL suppliers charge different rates, so it's important to compare prices before deciding.
With so many cost centres, 3PL fulfilment providers can make the simple process of storage, picking/packing and dispatching your orders very complex. Don't be fooled by headline low pick and storage rates. These make great marketing tools but other charges will be hidden elsewhere.
What to expect from a 3PL supplier?
When you outsource ecommerce fulfilment to a 3PL supplier like CBF Fulfilment, you can expect them to provide the following services:
- Warehousing: The 3PL supplier will securely store your products in their warehouse.
- Picking and packing: The 3PL supplier will pick and pack your products for shipping.
- Shipping: The 3PL supplier will ship your products to your customers.
- Returns: The 3PL supplier will handle returns from your customers.
- Online tools: To integrate into all sales channels and give you access to inventory levels, order processing statuses and tracking data.
How to ensure a smooth transition?
When outsourcing ecommerce fulfilment to a 3PL supplier, it's important to ensure a smooth transition. Here are a few tips:
- Start planning early. Give yourself plenty of time to find a 3PL supplier and make the transition.
- Communicate with your customers. Let your customers know that you are outsourcing ecommerce fulfilment and that they can expect to see some changes in the way their orders are fulfilled.
- Work with your 3PL supplier. Make sure to work closely with your 3PL supplier to ensure a smooth transition.
- Think about your seasonality, product marketing life cycle, batch expiry dates and manufacturing cycles for your cosmetics. Work with us to transition with your product cycles in mind.
Benefits of outsourcing ecommerce fulfilment for your cosmetics business
There are many benefits to outsourcing ecommerce fulfilment, such as:
- Increased efficiency. Outsourcing ecommerce fulfilment can help you to improve your efficiency by freeing up time and resources to focus on other aspects of your business.
- Reduced costs. Outsourcing ecommerce fulfilment can help you to reduce your costs by eliminating the need to invest in your own warehouse and fulfilment equipment.
- Improved customer service. Outsourcing ecommerce fulfilment can help you to improve your customer service by providing a more consistent and reliable experience.
- Increased scalability. Outsourcing ecommerce fulfilment can help you to increase your scalability by allowing you to easily increase or decrease your fulfilment capacity as needed.
Outsourcing ecommerce fulfilment can be a great way for cosmetics companies to improve their efficiency, reduce their costs, improve their customer service, and increase their scalability. If you are considering outsourcing ecommerce fulfilment, be sure to do your research and choose CBF Fulfilment as your 3PL supplier, scalable and a business partner you can rely on.
Ecommerce Order Management
with ONE login
All E-commerce clients have access to our FREE Software Integrations with your shopping carts.
- Online Stock Controls
- Live Order Tracking
- Multi-Channel Order Management
- Shipping Management
- Full Reporting
- Barcode Verified
- Cloud-based, Easy to use
- & it's free to you.
In the last month we have processed the following:
Keeping it simple and efficient.
We guarantee a same day dispatch of your goods.
Securely and efficiently in our heated Warehouse
Our warehouse is our own, We have a large space able to securely store pallets from only £2.00 per week, boxes and goods on pick pack bays ready for your customers to order. Come and see us.
Contract Packing or Order Fulfilment. We are ready!
Daily order processing from £0.50 per order or contract packing projects, we work with them all. Receiving orders from all sales channels we can pick/pack and dispatch the same day of order regardless of volumes.
*T&Cs may apply.
Any size of consignment, anywhere in the world.
Our teams work with all packing suppliers as well as the National Couriers, Royal Mail and Pallet Networks all day every day. Talk to them about how to ship your orders securely and efficiently.
We are all about the best reviews
for you and our processes.
Your brand and online presence will not grow if your fulfilment partner lets you down with poorly packed and mispicked items. We are all hunting for the 5-star review and together we actively work on providing the processes and tracking to keep you and your customers informed.
Testimonial: alya skin. - Cosmetics & Beauty
"We assigned CBF Fulfilment as our third party logistics company for UK orders 2 years ago.
They have been nothing short of amazing to work with, they are extremely quick to despatch orders and have a team that are always so willing to help when needed.
As an ecommerce business owner that has worked with multiple 3PL companies and can safely say that CBF Fulfilment has been the best we have ever worked with in all the years."
Testimonial: Climbingvan - Books and Publication
"We run Climbingvan, a resource for helping people with self-build van conversions. Last year we wrote our book, The Van Conversion Bible, which explains exactly how to convert a campervan.
As we live full-time in our own van and work remotely from the road, it's not possible for us to manage our own fulfilment. CBF help us to get our book into the hands of our customers all across the country, as well as fulfilling our wholesale orders to larger suppliers. We appreciate their flexibility and the bespoke service they are able to offer us. The world of ecommerce was new to us, and the team at CBF have been really helpful in making everything possible for us, and are always friendly and quick to respond."
Charlie & Dale
Testimonial: Lola + Blake - Clothing & Accessories
"I’ve been really pleased with the service I have received from CBF. Each business is unique, and mine certainly has a lot of personalisation options and additions that customers request. CBF worked to implement these and find solutions to ensure that my brand remained as personal as when I individually wrapped and sent each order myself from my dining room table! Recent reviews from customers have remained positive with special mentions to the quality of the luxury gift wrap and the nice touch of personal notes."
Lola + Blake
Testimonial: Bodyhero - Health and Fitness
"CBF have been great in facilitating all aspects of our direct to consumer and business to business order fulfilment as our chosen 3PL company.
The team are always really helpful and resolve any questions or issues in a timely fashion."
Testimonial: Hyde & Hare - Luxury Cowhide Accessories
"CBF has been brilliant from start to finish in managing our fulfilment and distribution. What stands out is their ability to take initiative when processing orders and their support has been fundamental to our growth."
Hyde & Hare
Testimonial: Dodo Pad - Books & Publication
"Moving to CBF has enabled us to improve our service to our own eCommerce customers – next day delivery and orders always despatched on time with full tracking – as well as navigate increasingly complex international shipping.
We are a small business with a peak at Christmas. CBF has given us the flexibility we needed, which was not possible when we were managing fulfilment in house."
Testimonial: Lateral Line / Artemi Rum - Spirits Alcohol
"CBF has enabled us to establish our E-commerce platform initially through sales through Amazon. The service was very easy to set up, streamlined and efficient. Whenever any queries arise, they are very quickly dealt with by the CBF staff. We are very pleased to be working with CBF."
Testimonial: iNKSHIP. - Posters & Prints
"CBF have handled my orders for almost five years now, which single-handedly allowed me to grow from a bedroom business to a scale I could never have handled myself. I’m really grateful to the hard-working warehouse team who always fulfil my orders to a very high standard, and never seem to miss a beat."
Your 3PL Ecommerce Fulfilment and Contract Packing partner. Planned, Integrated, Packed and Delivered.
T: 01242 802140
1-11 Alvin Street